Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Process


Maintaining 15 grass chairs is a time-consuming process. I get up every morning before my job. Water, the chairs, clean the space and cleanse and rinse the sprouting seeds. At dusk I do the same. Previously, I have had exhibits that utilized all sorts of media. The show is hung.There is an opening. I take down the work. The creation process has already occurred and I am somewhat engaged with the work while the actual show is happening. With this installation, I have been absolutely involved throughout the show. I watch it change daily.

I am still too far in the middle of creating this Project Elements Easthampton: Earth piece to assess it fully. But I do know that I am prolonging the act of creating as long as I possibly can and that's where I always clamor to be.

Today, I found mushrooms growing on a grass chair. A happy accident.